First the holidays, then the weather and now tronchanteric bursitis. Huh? What? I said, trochanteric bursitis! Yes, its a real diagnosis! I always thought bursitis was a word little old ladies made up to have conversations with other little old ladies. (Don't say it! I'm not that old!) Anyway, Christmas night I started limping and after 3 days of hopping around I finally went to an urgent care. After much argument (from me of course) the doctor tells me the bursa on my tronchanter (that's hip to you non-medical's) is inflamed from overuse and poor stretching. Go figure. I've only been training for a marathon for what feels like FOREVER (will it ever end)! So I stuffed the side of my underwear full of ice, swallowed renal failure doses of Ibuprofen and off I went...to work that is. I just started running again yesterday - 3 weeks off and I feel like I'm starting all over again -again!...and again!...and again! (will this ever end?). So not much to report in the way of progress.
I hate that its "wake up and go home to dark" season again because running outside is problematic. The treadmill is good for that but then when switching to running outside on a non-moving earth makes for zero fun.
Enough of my complaining - here is my quote for the month (supplied my sister, Michelle, on my new favorite shirt she gave me for Christmas) :
"The Miracle Isn't That I Finished, The Miracle Is That I Had The Courage To Start"
Here's to Miracles!! Go Team.
Mission Moment:
Go Lew! Lew is due to start his next transplant any day now. His brother Bill is in town preparing to donate his stem cells. Lots of prayers for everyone involved! Bill's wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is trying to hurry to get back home to be with her during her treatment.
Fundraising:
I really do promise to update my link to donate soon. I have two papers due this week so why I am even blogging I don't know except that I am offically a nut ball! I will do my best to take care of that soon. Thank you to everyone who keeps asking about donating - I love you!
Blog Archive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're just awesome. And amazing! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment