Another oddity was that I suddenly acquired two running buddies...hmmm. Was there a plot going on...again, who cares, I rather enjoyed my two new running buddies. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a pitty party - I actually really began to enjoy my solo running. I started to get into my head and then time started to fly. But I have to say, I also really enjoyed meeting two people on my team. The first person just appeared. She usually runs up front with the bunnies and I thought she was already on her way back to the parking lot. Nope, she said she wanted to run slower today - nice. Turns out she is a NICU nurse and having flown with many a NICU nurse I have a special fondness for them in my heart. She was warm and interesting and we even knew some of the same nurses.
Then the handoff occurred. Next Miss Yackety Yack showed up. She told me she was a talker and she wasn't kidding! For those of you who know me, I am sure you are laughing because usually I'm the yackety yack but since I can't talk and run this show was hers. Before I knew it Miss Yakety Yack and I were bonding as well - in a very different way than Miss NICU nurse.
Overall the run was fairly uneventful - as uneventful as 18 miles gets....did I just say that!!! It doesn't even seem real that I did 18 miles much less act so blase about it! This running thing is so wierd.
Anyway, I acquired two "new" found friends who I have a sneaking suspicion were there to keep me from running miles and to "help me" stick to my time. (Again, I decided to go with the who cares motto.)
So on to next week where I'm hoping that we might acutally have a run that isn't in the cold, rain and wind. I'll probably have to pour water on myself so it feels normal!
"Nobody said it would be easy; they just said it would be worth it" ~Unknown
3 comments:
Ahhh...the power of the blog! Congratulations on 18!!! I have to say that I was a solo runner for years. I enjoy the medatative state of talking to myself. We had great conversations. Then I was told I needed music. Why? Who knows. So I have an ipod. But I keep forgetting it. Back to my conversations with myself. :) Happy running...no it's not an oxymoron. Liz
Holy Cow! 18 miles might as well be a million! I can't believe you (or anyone for that matter)can run that far. I think that butt brushes are the new Neiman Marcus item.
A run without being cold & wet would be an awesome thing. I have joked that if our event day is sunny & 70 we will all probably get heat stroke!
You are a good good woman! Your "new" friends realized that they have not spent enough time caring for you & probably wanted to make up for us never getting to Maple Valley for a run in your neighborhood.
Super joblady!
~heidi
Post a Comment