Wow! Maybe I should have been a blubbering idiot on the streets of Tacoma long ago. I feel great! It kind of reminds me of the movie with Holly Hunter who starts out every morning with a good cry and then goes about her day happy as a clam. I doubt I could muster a cry every day but I could run out on the street once a week....maybe I'll pass on this one.
This week's running has been fantastic! Even my Saturday run of 100 minutes was pretty spectacular - well, by my standards anyway. Nothing hurt, no organs need to be removed and I did not get lost. I guess I should tell you that I ran in my neighborhood and my sweet #1 fans, John and Jack, were with me so that probably helps with the whole attitude and navigation thing but still I had a pretty good time. I think there are visions of playing the saxophone in my future. I keep waiting to get back to that day when I was training for the Nike and had a small tinge of euphoria and think I may be getting pretty close to that day. Wohoo!
I've started working on my core too. Our coach says that its the last 5.6 miles that take most marthoner's down. He says it's because of a weak core. He says you are so tired at the end you begin to slouch because your core is too weak to hold you up and this throws everything out of whack. Makes sense to me! I start doing a core workout . This isn't so bad and in my head I am looking pretty good! Apparently not as good as I thought. I see my darling 3 year old sitting on the couch with his curious George. He is staring at me with a quizical look on his face. You may have seen this look - head cocked to one side and one eye slightly closed - he says to me, "Mommy, what are you doing?" I don't reply because I have a sense that my image of me is about to change - he says, "Are you dancing?" Did he really just ask if I was dancing?! WHAT?! Dancing?! Is my dancing really that bad that it imitates a strenuous core work out?! What do I look like when I'm dancing? Red faced and sweaty like I'm having a bowel movement?!! Yikes! It's probably a good thing I've been getting drunk all these years when I'm out dancing. Visions of Elaine from Seinfeld pop into my head. Next time I'm getting a babysitter.
Blog Archive
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
giggle, giggle
Post a Comment