Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The measure of a true friend!



What does a great friend look like?! She donates money to support Lew in honor of her mother who died of breast cancer. She leaves inspirational messages that say, "I'm there for you" and she means it! Remembering her message and knowing that I needed to change my attitude on running I called Mel 3 days before my 180 minute run. "No problem", she says, "I'm there!" So after working all night at Airlift she shows up at 8am ready to go. She's smiley and enthusiastic, doesn't even bat an eye at being there. She is super patient when I want to walk more than run and she is loads of fun! So what does this saintly friend look like? She wears a pink bandanna and thinks it is so much fun to run across the Narrows bridge! She looks like this:



Mel, you are a Saint, and I love ya girl - thanks for making running fun and shifting my attitude!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina... It is you that is the saint! You inspire me! Thank you so much for doing this run... it is such a good cause! And thank you for letting me run with you! That bridge was awesome! You are awesome! I look forward to your next phone call!
Love,
Mel

Unknown said...

Hey Mel,
Thanks for being there for the best sister ever. Wish I could have partaken in the fun but alas Texas is too far. One day sister you and I will run together..or walk...or whatever!