Blog Archive

Monday, July 14, 2008

I know an old lady...

No, no, it's not the old lady who swallowed the fly. I know an old lady who went to a podiatrist - oh wait! That was me! I thought only old ladies with thick ankles and bunions went to the podiatrist but then I found myself sitting in the office waiting room with all the other old ladies talking about their foot issues. I felt like I should have had a pillbox hat on my head and a cat in my lap! I have bonded with the man shoes but after 2 hours of running I'm begging to be running on cotton balls. Pretty easy fix says the doctor, stretch your calves and spend $500 on orthotics. Oh my! Well here goes $500 because I am not giving up now - I am going to that finish line wearing $500 orthotics in pimped out man shoes wearing feather boa's and bling anywhere I can glue it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just remember, "One sassified chick with proper bling can do ANYTHING!" I'm so proud of you for learning to love the man shoes! Go, Christina-in-traing, go, go, go! RUN FOR LEW!

PS: Can we still have wine and cheese party?

Rebecca said...

GO Christina!! You are AMAZING! You will love your orthotics. Well, it may be a love-hate thing...