Blog Archive
Saturday, August 2, 2008
180 minutes!
Today, our team run was 180 minutes! Oh ouch! I am not sure how I didn't realize how far that was. I suppose it's because I have been focusing on minutes and 180 didn't sound that bad - I know, don't ask me why not! So far, I have covered my ears whenever anyone talks miles but today I learned 180 minutes means 12 miles!! AAGGHHH! I did it! It was hard, the last mile was a killer (my groin hurt and you could have mistaken me for the great Salt Lake) my coach took me by the hand and sang the Rocky theme song just to make it the last 100 yards but I actually made it 12 miles! Not in my whole life would I have dreamed I could have made it 12 miles (unless like Maria says, "someone is chasing me with a knife"). Wow! It also turns out I am a role model to my husband. Yup, today he told me he was interested in running. Apparently, he said, he didn't realize that you don't have to be in shape or even look good to be a runner so he is willing to try. I'll let you imagine how that conversation went! Yes, we are still speaking to each other...for now ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am sooooooooooo proud of my sister. We are cheering for you and for Lew. I have no doubt you will cross the finish line. We love you and all my money is on you...not the poor SAG dude!!!!!!!
12 miles! YEAH Christina!!! "whistle, whistle, cheer, cheer!!! I'm not sure I could run 12 miles even if someone was chasing me with a knife! You are also Lew and my role model, and if we start feeling like things are too much, we'll think of you and get on with pushing on through the hard stuff! Lew and Rose send lots of hugs, cheers and love your way! You ROCK, "Rockie"!
Hah....the sag wagon will have to catch you before you can duke it out. Not a chance, you'll never even see the sag wagon dude!!
Christina, you rock! Thanks for sharing your blog with me. This is so much fun to read! Way to go for inspiring your hubby to start running. Who knows, maybe you can do your next 1/2 or full marathon together!? (yep, I said that "next" word...heehee) We're so lucky to have you on the team! See you soon!
Christina,
Wow, I had no idea what you have been up to! i am delighted for you and wish you the very, very best! I miss working with you and talking to you. Stay strong and beautiful, which you do so gracfully!
Love Lisa
Post a Comment