Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Running Fairy!

Tonight I met the running fairy! After our team practice I went to Road Runner Sports to get some new inserts for my shoes, it was either that or rip off a piece of my tempur-pedic mattress and stick it in my shoes. I was sitting there waiting my turn wearing my Team in Training shirt and this fairy comes out of nowhere and instantly changes out my shoe inserts and starts telling me what a great thing Team in Training is and how magical running is and telling me how I shouldn't worry because before long I will feel it in my soul. It gave me goosebumps to hear him talk about the last 200 yards! He told me not to worry about "coming from the couch" he too started out unhealthy 10 years ago and has run 22 marathons since then. Wow! I doubt that will ever be my story but nonetheless I felt like he had sprinkled fairy dust all over me! He asked if I had caught the bug yet and when I said no he gave me an extra 10% off my purchase because, "if you are not loving it you ought to get at least something out of running!" I just love the running fairy!

No comments: