The Inspiration Dinner the night before the marathon
John said, "Be sure to carb load" I said, "John, I have been carb loading for three years, I am pretty sure I am fine!"
Victory Party
Fabulous Friends! I had the greatest surprise when Laurie and Lydia organized everyone wearing the same "Christina Rocks!" T-shirts!!
Can I get a Margarita to go with that salt?!
Making it 20!!
Our bridge shot!
It is beautiful going across!
Go Sister!
Yes, she's running backward to challenge herself! I'm not sure if she even broke a sweat - well, it was only 40 degrees!
Here we come Narrows Bridge!
I like this part the best - notice it's all down hill!
Go TEAM!
Still going! Making it through Point Defiance Park!
Right before we got chased by a dog that Michelle thougt was a fox! I am still laughing that she turned into Ceasar the dog whisperer and shooed it off!
Here we go! Starting out our 20!
I promise to retire the red fleece soon, since it has been in EVERY picture for the last 3 years. I am going to write a book called "The Red Fleece Years" and then burn it!
Me and Mel!!
Enjoying the sites (and the break!)
Whew!!
Running the Narrows Bridge!
My new favorite picture!!!
Jessica (one of my coach's from Nike that always said the nicest things to make me run) Me (that's me - I know you can't tell its me cause I'm "swollen" from running and I have a little bitty hat on my head) and Courtney (my mentor from Nike and TNT's best mentor of all time) Thanks Robin for taking the picture - I miss "chasing" you!
GIVE ME A C! GIVE ME A U! GIVE ME AN R! GIVE ME AN E!
Pre-cheer huddle and warm up!
Go stem cells, go stem cells!
Cheering on Lew's new stem cells
Lew, Rose and Bill, the hero stem cell donor!
Bill is an overachiever just like Lew - he donated over 20 million stem cells!!
The Stem Cell Party continues at Joey's!
The amazing staff at Joey's across from SCCA gave us a "pay it forward" dining experience!
The Hare and The Tortoise
Clint right before he starts his sprint!
Isaac says, "stomp out cancer!"
Issac, our 4 year old honor patient came to cheer us on at practice!
A Germ-Free Thanksgiving with Lew!
Cutest Little Pilgrim!
Fun Porch Thanksgiving!
Sharing hair with Lew
Locks for Lew
A little relaxation time
Rose and Lew enjoying each others company
#1 Fans at the Kick Off Party
Here we go Vancouver!!
My New Team!
Go Vancouver!
Girl's Night Out!
Laurie Bethke - World's Greatest Nurse!
Can you say Dilaudid PCA? :)
2 hours post-op
I love Dr. Haines!
World's Greatest Husband!
Pre-op Fun...NOT!!
Moments away from hugging the anesthesiolgist!
Surgical attire provided by Pete, Rick and Lew!
Yikes!
Pete and Lew (Rick's hiding!)
Surgical Fashionisto's!
Here we go!
Team leaving for our long run
Pre-run coaching
Learning how GU gel will save us!
Who's that cutie pie out front!
Jack (escorted by John) make it to every team practice!
Team Practice
Lew and his gang!
Enjoying a pile of chocolate eclairs with chemo
Spending time with Lew
Go Lew Go!
#1 Fans!
John and Jack share the team cheer!
Lew and his adorable sweet wife, Rose.
Celebrating Lew's birthday while waiting to start chemo!
No comments:
Post a Comment