We just had our 4th team practice and I am still going through the "what was I thinking phase!". I am afraid I got a little cocky after building my endurance to running for 2 minutes. We trained on hills this past Saturday and other than thinking that Jesus was coming I figured out that fat people should not run marathons! We trained on the Ruston Way waterfront and circled Annie Wright school twice, all uphill,even downhill felt like uphill - or rather I felt like Violet Beauregarde from Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory after she eats the bluberry gum. It must have been some mild hypoxia but I thought if I could turn sideways and the oompa loompa's could roll me down the hill I would be better off. This was the only thing that made me smile during our entire 90 minute practice. It sure wasn't the person who temporarily ran with me on the waterfront. She told me that she hates running on the waterfront, "its so boring to run on the flat part, I feel like I need to run sprints." This is the part where you get to picture my face with a sarcastic smile and the bubble over my head that says: b!#*@ . Yes, there are reasons that some of us cannot speak while we run!
Blog Archive
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I heard a rumor that Ruston Way lady got hit by a minivan that was turning into Krispy Kremes and couldn't see her skinny self... xxoo, skb
Post a Comment